Other Ways To Donate
Item donations are always helpful, be it items directly for the animals in our care or “thrift store” style items which can be sold to help offset expenses. Other ways individuals can donate and help is through their time. Time to spread news of our mission, our animals, our fundraising efforts. This is often done via the internet and can be done from home by those wishing to take time to lend a hand.
Donations of items are always welcome by L.F.R.A., the following is a list of items we, or other Rescues, always have need for. As L.F.R.A. believes in helping others we also help animals in need. Any donated item we at L.F.R.A. may not have need for at that time, or abundance of, may be be donated to MCAS to aid fur babies in their care.
If you have items you wish to donate to our cause please contact us via email at LFRA@live.com or phone us at 281-354-4346 to set up time for pick up.
- Dog food (Dry/Canned)
- Cat food (Dry/Canned)
- Cat litter (Scoopable/NonScoopable)
- Nylabone & Kong style chew toys (For teething pups and chewy dogs)
- Rope Chews, Tennis balls, Dog toys (Play time)
- Cat toys (Play time)
- Bleach (cleaning)
- Sterile latex gloves (for handling animals with wounds, mange)
- Rubbing Alcohol (cleaning, sterilizing & wound treating)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (wound treating)
- Ziploc style baggies (food & other items)
- Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel (To prevent spread of any illness)
- Paper Towels
- Oatmeal based pet shampoos, Flea & Tick shampoos
- Dawn Dish Soap (Used for puppies & kittens under 12 weeks of age)
- Animal Crates/Carriers (Transportation)
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels, Linens
- Food/Water bowls
- Laundry detergent
- Trash bags
- Office Products – Printer paper, stamps, letter sized envelopes, etc.
L.F.R.A. accepts “Thrift Store” items to sell for our Rescue and to aid MCAS pets who might be in need. We sell these items to help fund such things as vet bills, pet medication and animal supplies. Our donated items are sold on such locations as Ebay, Greensheet and Kingwood Yardsales.
A list of the items we accept is below. If you can not adopt or donate funds to help the animals, please consider looking through the list and donating your old stuff to help us help the animals!!
- Designer Name Brand Clothing, purses and shoes
- Kitchen Items
- Exercise Equipment
- Yard working equipment
- MP3 players/walkmans
- DVD Players/VCR’s
- Yard art items
- Home Decor
Your donations are greatly appreciated by us and those pets currently in our care. Thank you!